Friday, July 22, 2016

Koyudo Kumamon Brush

Just wanted to do a quick fun post on the Koyudo Kumamon brush! Honestly, Kumamon’s regular face actually kind of scares me but I fell in love immediately when I saw the kabuki brush. He’s the mascot of Kumamoto prefecture in Japan too!



The hair length is 23mm or 0.9 inches, so it’s taller than the Koyudo macaron and works very nicely for loose, mineral, pressed, and finishing powders. I have never experienced cake face with any Kumano fude. The hairs are sokoho, but feel extremely silky soft for sokoho and nearly as soft as saikoho. They are also almost completely straight except for some rebellious ones on the outer layer of the brush. There was no bleeding of dye when washed and “Koyudo Collection” is engraved into the handle. I also own the Koyudo Pink Macaron and if I had to choose between the two, I’d go with the Kumamon brush. The pink macaron is more densely packed which makes it better for liquid and creme foundation. It does a great job at powder too, but I prefer the less densely packed hairs of the Kumamon brush.





I am ogling at the Capbyara-san brush now!


In terms of purchasing, you cannot purchase this from CDJapan due to licensing, so the only ways would either be through a personal shopper like Toshiya (fudejapan) or purchasing in Japan. It retails 4680 yen including tax on the Koyudo website. I’ve seen it marked up on eBay too.

No comments:

Post a Comment