Thursday, July 21, 2016

Current lemmings

If you haven't already noticed, I've got some serious brush/fude sickness. It's not even an obsession anymore XD

Here are my current lemmings and eye candy.

Every year, CDJapan releases some summer deals and this year I have my eyes on the two below.





First up is the Koyudo flat top kabuki brush. I love myself some fat and stubby white goat hair brushes! This would make a great foundation and buffing brush. It's a good deal considering the H010 Flat Top Kabuki retails $56.73.

Next we have the Koyudo Gray Squirrel Kabuki. Insert drool.




According to the measurements, it is the same length as the Chikuhodo Z-1, but fuller at 40mm instead of Z-1's 20mm. Denser than the Z-1 you say for a fraction of the cost? $80.36 vs. $151.27, nearly half off. I NEED IT! Koyudo does squirrel brushes excellently so I don't even need to ask myself if the Z-1 would be better. The only thing is that it's a kabuki brush, so it would be used less than one with a handle. 



Granted I already own the Z-1...but one can never have enough fluffies, right?


The Houkodou G-S1 below looks like a large laydown brush. Made out of canadian squirrel, many people seem to enjoy the G series from Houkodou. I only have one Houkodou brush which is the BZ-1. A review on that will come eventually!

Next up is the recently released Saikoho Sakura Birch Handle series from Koyudo/Kihitsu. I'm eyeing the eyeshadow L brush because it's nearly identical to my beloved Koyomo Pink Nadeshiko shadow brush that I use every time I do my eye makeup. Best crease brush ever. 



The Kyureido Fine Kalla 001 Powder Brush. Photo credits to fudejapan.


As if I need anymore squirrel brushes in my life. I actually prefer goat saikoho out of all types of animal hair for brushes, but squirrel is so luxuriously soft that it's hard not to get hooked once you feel them. This Kyureido brush is similar to the Suqqu face brush at again, a fraction of the cost. It costs 15000 yen which is about $142 whereas the Suqqu face costs $205 with $40 shipping from Selfridges in the UK. Alternatively, you could purchase the Suqqu face in Japan but it retails for more  there for whatever reason. Don't look at me >_>. I don't know why it would retail more in the country it was made and originated in.




I have no knowledge on the brand and where it's made in, but I did watch a YouTube video of someone who bought this and liked it. She did say that it wasn't as soft as a Hakuhodo squirrel brush like the K002, but it's a good value. This brush is made out of blue squirrel hair and is in the shape of what a buffing brush is supposed to look like, or closely related, unlike the Wayne Goss Airbuki brush. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure if you already know this but you can now pay for a years worth of postage from Selfridges (Selfridges+ Global -also has EU and UK options) for £40 or AU$75.
    Happy Shopping!

    ReplyDelete